Tuesday, January 12, 2010

To Purse or Not to Purse


When I stress I escape either by baking, crocheting or reading. Apparently I am currently on a crochet binge. As I look around my house it is amazing to see all of the projects I have done in the last 2 months. (Apparently being in Real Estate is stressful right now, who knew?)

As of the beginning of December I've made at least 17 different projects....that I can remember. My friends and family who live back in colder climates either love me for sending them things to keep them toasty warm, or else hate me for rubbing in my 70 and 80 degree temps. Slippers, and scarves, shawls and blankets all fun and all for other people. (Which reminds me I'm going to need to make a few trips to the post office so I can send a few more finished projects on their way)

Last night I decided to take a break between major projects (yes I have at least 5 more pretty big ones lines up) and make something for myself. Every time I go out with my husband... (I say every time like we do it a lot, we don't, we have a 3 year old...but I digress) Ok, when my husband and I go out to the movies or out dancing I find myself facing the (I'm sure) age old question of shove everything in my pockets or bring the “mom bag”. Pockets usually win mostly because if I bring the “mom bag” I have to empty all the crackers, spare Cinderella panties and half melted crayons out of it. But also because if I bring the “mom bag” I suddenly find myself carrying around everything my hubby doesn’t want in his pockets. Why do guys do that? I think they should all have their own purses or at least be required to always wear cargo pants with enough room in them for everything but the kitchen sink. When I make the decision to leave the “mom bag” at home and shove my belongings in my pockets I spend a good deal of the night wondering why I don't just buy a tiny purse to carry around.

To solve my pocket problem I decided to crochet myself a "cell phone purse". Just big enough for my EnV2 my license and some cash. Now I just need somewhere to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment